[Northkeep] So, how was Ansteorra's Argent Anniversary...

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Jul 12 07:55:04 PDT 2004

---- Original Message -----
  From: LD.BLACKMOON
  To: j.t.herring ; The Barony of Northkeep
  Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 9:34 AM
  Subject: Re: [Northkeep] So, how was Ansteorra's Argent Anniversary...
  NOTE TO ALL WATER BEARER'S : WHEN THE HEAT INDEX IS OVER 100 DEG.F. KEEP ICE
  IN THE ORANGE GATORADE AS WELL AS THE WATER , HOT ORANGE GATORADE ON AN
  EMPTY STOMACH ,IN THE HEAT , ALMOST DID A COUPLE ARCHERS IN . ( END OF MY
  TIRADE )
  OTHER THAN THAT THE WATER BEARERS AND CHIERGEONS DID A BANG UP JOB !! HAVING
  PEOPLE AT THE RANGE FOR ALL THE MAJOR SHOOTS !!

(snippage)

Not to sound defensive, Lord Blackmoon, but I can assure you that no waterbearer trained by my hand served anyone any warm beverages on such a miserably hot day.  We were all at the Arbors II arena, taking care of SIX fields of combat simultaneously (2 heavy weapons, 2 children's, and 2 light weapons).

Vivats and thank yous to :

- Yelena of House Halfiras
- Rayhanna Al-Muhkite of House Halfiras
- Analise van Gavere of Mooneschadowe
- Jehan de Mandeta of Mooneshadowe
- Zira Zamora of Stonebridge Keep
- Renault du Mont Saint Michel of Northkeep
- Emily Magrager (no region given)
- Ollj Perala of Moonschadowe
- Carmen (no region given)
- Sydney of Tir Medioin
- Rachel of Elfsea

Additionally, Ld. Aethelred of the Broken Shield ran over to WalMart and picked up additional water and ice, as our section of site did not have potable water, as well as Lady Bridget who brought four flats of two dozen bottles each.  Virtually every drop we served was origionally from 18oz bottles. I think we went through over a gross of bottles of water. Through a lot of generosity and teamwork, every thirsty combatant or spectator was served.

I am proud of all my waterbearers: You busted (butt) under grueling conditions, and so far as I know, we did not have a single heat injury while fighters were under our care.  I only wish we could have cloned ourselves and been everywhere on the event site, but alas... I've not perfected that spell or science yet. :-)  I'm workin on it.  :-)

-zubeydah
Northkeep WBIC
Northern Regional WBIC