[Northkeep] RE: Gathering and Sending Care Packages

Graue, Chris Chris.Graue at benham.com
Wed Jul 21 08:32:20 PDT 2004

Morgan's dad is serving... just went back out there last Thursday after a 2 week leave. Morgan was so happy to see her dad. When they were taking her to the daycare before taking him to the airport to go back, she (in her infinite 5 year old wisdom) told him to be careful out there, that she had seen people getting hurt there on the news, so be careful and don't get hurt. Too bad I missed hearing that come out of her mouth, myself... my friend Angie told me about it, though, and she said she nearly started crying. Kids say the darnedest things, don't they?

I am willing to help if possible... could we get together one day with some kids to make special pictures to send? When I worked in a daycare, we made flags for the 4th of July using their hand and feet prints to make the flag image on paper. We could do something like that or use fabric paints and make more durable versions on fabric... shouldn't cost much and it would be something they could take home with them when they are done over there.

Chris