[Northkeep] ARCHERY PRACTICES

Vickie Barbour vickiesltw at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 10:45:08 PDT 2004

 I am the Jester here for our Baronial Courts and I would like to believe I am one of the current queens favorite jesters.  However, I would have to consider that I have only met one other jester at local events and he does not perform at least not that I have seen.  So I have a vary slanted view about me being a favorite of our wonderful queen.

I play melody at the Hafla's at events around here however, they are pretty long drives to get to them.

I am a brewer primarily meads and brewing is one thing we do really well and often here.

Gelis of Iron Mountain

"LD.BLACKMOON" <ld.blackmoon at gbronline.com> wrote:
GREETINGS

I WILL TRY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS , BUT I'M SURE THOSE WITH MORE INFO WILL
ALSO REPLY
( THANKFULLY , AS I MOSTLY STICK TO THROWN WEAPONS AND ARCHERY :) )

>How many particpating people do you'll have? What I mean is on the role
books we have probably 75 or more. Actively coming to meetings, putting on
events, classes, practices are only 15-20 always the same people.
I REALLY DON'T KNOW , THERE ARE SCA PEOPLE ALL OVER TULSA AND SURROUNDING
AREAS.
BUT , I NEVER COUNTED THEM .. SORRY.

>What is IKCAC practice?
NOW THERE IS A QUESTION I CAN ANSWER ..
IKCAC STANDS FOR " INTER KINGDOM COMBAT ARCHERY COMPETITION "
YOU GET DRESSED UP IN ALL YOUR ARMOR ( EXCEPT KIDNEY AND GROIN PROTECTION )
AND SHOOT COMBAT ARROWS AT WOODEN MEN , FOR POINTS , THAT GET TURNED IN TO
THE INTERKINGDOM SCOREKEEPER, ADVANCING ( IN OUR CASE ) ANSTEORRA'S TOP 3
AVERAGE ..

>Are there active brewers in your group?
YES !! AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE ARE SEVERAL AWARD WINNING BREWERS AND
VINTNERS IN NORTHKEEP .

>I think I saw something mentioned but, do you have an active middle eastern
influence? ex. Drum Circles, belly dancing, etc.
YES , THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE WITH MIDDLE EASTERN PERSONA'S , I DON'T KNOW IF
THE MINI HAFLA'S ARE STILL GOING ON OR NOT , BUT THERE IS SOME KIND OF
DRUMMING CIRCLE EVERY FULL MOON , AND THERE IS AT LEAST ONE MUNDANE MIDDLE
EASTERN DANCE STUDIO THAT TEACHES .

>Do you have any jesters in your group?
NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE.

>Thanks again in advance