[Northkeep] Moving to Tulsa

Vickie Barbour vickiesltw at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 06:14:47 PDT 2004

Ainar

As for as the request to know if you'll had an MOC was curiosity.  I have been the MOC here for about 1 year, we are having a hard time finding a replacement.  My group would like me to believe I cannot leave if I do not have a replacement.  The group here has also suggested that if I should really decide to go they would inform you in advance that I was an MOC so I could not sneak in un-noticed.  So as you see I was simply trying to make sure that my services were not needed so that I can let them know there threat of unveiling me has no real weight to it.  LOL

One more question.  Gwenyth who is an MOC out of one of the groups that is in Arkansas by where they have Diamond Wars was telling me yesterday that the Diamond Wars site in Little Rock I believe is just a few hours.  Could you clarify if possible how far is a few hours.

Thanks again.
Gelis of Iron Mountain
Flutterby the Jester

Rick Drake <ainarm at cox.net> wrote:
Well I will tackle on of those questions. A Journeyman Chirurgeon is
actually an warranted officer at large of the SCA. They are recognized by
the SCA as trained in first aid/CPR and also the rules of the SCA list and
Chirurgeonate. You also have apprentices who are basically being observed
to ensure that they are following all the rules set by the SCA before
receiving their warrant. To serve as a Chirurgeon in charge at an event or
to work as a Chirurgeon you have to be warranted. An apprentice is not
warranted and can only work as a Chirurgeon under the supervision of a
journeyman or above. If you have further questions on this subject feel
free to email me privately.
Also since I don't remember 100% if anyone answered these questions, yes we
do have an MOC. She is doing a wonderful job but I am not sure if she is on
the list or not. However I know someone she lives with is and will prob.
relay a message if you need to contact her.
The Gulf War's site is about 12-13 hours from here depending on what route
you take and how you drive. I know people who make it in less but I am to
paranoid to speed much.

Ainar
Baron of Northkeep
Northern Regional Chirurgeon