[Northkeep] Castellan Wordfame

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Jun 7 06:15:39 PDT 2004

I wanted to give wordfame to several who put service to others before their own enjoyment at Castellan:

Thank you to Greg (I'm sorry, I don't know your SCA name), who was kind enough to help me carry items over to the waterbearers set up area.

Thank you to Lord Gauvin d'Aigues Mortes, of House Halfiras, who repeatedly dropped whatever he was doing to lift heavy items, fetch more water, fill more buckets, break down the site, etc. He is a gentleman, always, and was never too busy to assist us, on top of his other duties for the day.

Thank you to Centurian Castellan Squire Owen ap Aeddan ap ap ap, who, along with his pages and other assistants, put up our shade pavillion. Three other individuals, both ladies whose names I did not get, or whose faces I did not know, helped us move the pavillion four or five times, trying to find that perfect, level spot.

Thank you to Kasha Ivanova and to Sebastiana de Montfort of House Halfiras, who not only provided waterbearer service, but also sang and played the flute for the enjoyment of those around them. They both served the entire day, and were flexibly willing to help not just one field of activity, but several, hiking all the way down to the archery area several times to make sure the archers and KAS folks were attended to.

Thank you to Yelena Novgoroda of House Halfiras, who prepped, chopped, toted, mixed, and ably served all day. Her quick smile and persistance convinced many a fighter to stop what they were doing and drink. Her humor kept me sane, and her willingness was much appreciated.

Thank you to Kya Wilkie, who took a quick waterbearing instruction class, and then gleefully and cheerfully and ADORABLY assisted with waterbearing and serving food to the spectator. She also learned how to curtsey, then taught her mom. :-)   (Kya is one of our youth from Talequah)

Thank you to LORD Renault du Mont Saint-Michel (and gratzies!!!) of House Halfiras who was another of our 'lift that, fetch that, bring more' folks, all while preparing to fight in the rapier battles himself.

Thank you to Bolvine of House Halfiras for additional 'tote and carry' service.

Thank you to Adorna MacGregor, who helped waterbear for the first time, despite being a bit nervous and unsure of herself. She did well, and helped many prevent heat injury. She has a quick hand with a chopping knife!

Thank you to Lady Elizabeth de Calais, for letting us use the kitchen to make those items that power loss at my house prevented better preparation of. Thanks to her also for understanding and forgiving a thoughtless word on my part, and for her grace under pressure as always (and for an amazingly yummy feast). She was also kind enough to provide us with pots and pans and various other implements from the kitchen which she probably had need of for feast, but let us use anyway.

Thank you to the incomparable, amazing Zaynah, HouseMomma of Halfiras, who was cheerful, capable, always ready with good humor and willing hands, and enormously effective at getting the fighters to drink. Thanks also to her for allowing her daughter Kya to waterbear, for loaning us items needed at the last minute, and making House Halfiras at our disposal for whatever was needed. Congratulations are also in order, as she was made a Journeyman waterbearer at the event.

Thank you to the fighters and gentles who took a moment to give thanks to the waterbearers in reward for their service. It can sometimes be a long and tiring job, and a kind word lifts the heart and makes the day shorter.

But most of all, Thank You to my darling husband, Abe Vivitar Von Gebric, without whom I could not participate in the SCA at all... who patiently packs, unpacks, drives, arranges, supports, wards, escorts, and generally keeps me (somewhat) sane. . . and basically gives up his wife for the weekend so that I can have fun caring for the fighters of Ansteorra, all without complaint, but simply quiet loving support.

in service,

zubeydah