[Northkeep] Storm Check In

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Thu Jun 3 14:25:01 PDT 2004

>From: Lady Catin <lady_catin at yahoo.com>
>...My Lord Wynfrith (and my cousin, Amy) work in the Borg Cube (aka the

>Williams Building)...

Diarmaid wrote:
Wouldn't that be more like the Borg phallic object?  I mean it's not
really
a cube...

Etienne responds:
Well since I work down here, and since heralds are supposed to be anal
retentive for specific details...

The really tall tower downtown is the BOK Tower (Bank of Oklahoma) which
is a part of the Williams Center (a collective term for the chunk of
downtown including the buildings in question and the PAC and the Adam's
Mark Hotel).  This would be the phallus building Diarmaid is referring
to.  It should look a lot like a miniature version of the World Trade
Center towers that were attacked on Sept. 11 since it is modeled on the
same design.

The borg cube (properly) is the all glass cube stationed adjacent to
(east of) the BOK tower and is the Williams Communications building (or
Wiltel).  Before this building, the BOK tower was sometimes referred to
as a borg looking building but the newer building is such a better cube
(rather than phallus) that the term has shifted.

The Williams Towers are the black glass tetrahedrons located to the west
of the Adam's Mark Hotel (sometimes called the Darth Vader buildings).
They are Williams Tower I and Williams Tower II.

There is also a Williams Plaza but that is not relevant here.

So...
Lord Wynfrith and Amy work in the borg cube (aka the Williams
Communications building).  The BOK tower looks like a phallus.  And,
Chris and I work (for separate companies or separate floors) in the
Williams Towers (Tower I to be specific).

Having now exhausted this venture into anal retentivism, I will only
suggest that if you really want to see the buildings of downtown Tulsa
and get all of their names, then you should take a tour known as the
"Oil Barons" walking tour.  The tour includes a trip through some of the
underground tunnels and highlights some of the more opulent architecture
in these buildings.

Etienne

PS - Rosamund, the children, and I are all fine.  We didn't lose power.