[Northkeep] Storm Check In

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:50:08 PDT 2004

>From: "Herndon, Darin" <DHerndon at bswintl.com>
>...The borg cube (properly) is the all glass cube stationed adjacent to
>(east of) the BOK tower and is the Williams Communications building (or
>Wiltel).  Before this building, the BOK tower was sometimes referred to
>as a borg looking building but the newer building is such a better cube
>(rather than phallus) that the term has shifted.

Ah, my bad.  The tacky glowiing thing.  I stand corrected (people actually
WORK there?)

>Having now exhausted this venture into anal retentivism, I will only
>suggest that if you really want to see the buildings of downtown Tulsa
>and get all of their names, then you should take a tour known as the
>"Oil Barons" walking tour.  The tour includes a trip through some of the
>underground tunnels and highlights some of the more opulent architecture
>in these buildings.

Having spent much of Memorial Day wandering about duplicating pictures from
the Tulsa Race Riot (much of the midnight to 3.a.m. events were centered
just north of the Williams Center - and I mean that literally - the Boston
St arch over the tracks was the scene of a lot of shooting - but I digress),
I'm really not inclined to take other people's tours.  Mine are boring
enough :)

But thanks for the information.

[BTW, just as a point of interest, Monday, while hiking up what was an alley
in a residential section in 1921, up "Standpipe Hill" (the forested area
west of OSU-Tulsa, between Detroit and Cincinatti) - I ran across a campsite
in the trees, fire still smoking, and the smell of pot heavy in the air,
well used camping equipment still in place, so I wound up missing exactly
the shot I wanted, since I had to go around (as you know, just walking
through people's campsites is rude :) ), I was reminded again just how much
things change downtown, and how quickly you go from one world to another.]

M/D