[Northkeep] Castellan

Dawson, Lynne dawsonl at unionps.org
Mon Jun 7 08:14:26 PDT 2004

I'd also like to offer my thanks to everyone who came out to Castellan this
past weekend. After a wet start Sat. morning, and a little bit of a late
start as well, the day turned out to be one I will long remember. The
fighting was spectacular in all areas. We had over 20 fighters in both Heavy
and Rapier competing; a very close competition that resulted in a 4-way
run-off to determine the winner for KAS, and from what Ld. Blackmoon has
said, a very close competition for our Castellan Archer. Youth Rapier had
several youth compete, and I'd like to thank all the adults who took their
time to Marshal and fight with the children in order to pick a Youth
Champion. We also had over 20 children in Youth activities this past weekend
keeping our MOC and her helpers very busy and tired by the end of the event!
It's amazing how much energy our youth have! Bardic also had many many people
competing and it was wonderful to hear all the Bardic pieces throughout the
day. The A&S displays were plentiful, varied, and beautiful to see.
Waterbearers were kept busy throughout the day and did an awesome job taking
care of all the fighters and also did a great job checking on the bystanders
as well. Our Chirgeon was on duty all day and kept us informed on weather
conditions as well as being available for any medical needs - thanks Marcus!
Thanks to Lady Elizabeth and House Daystar and all the other kitchen staff
for putting on a fabulous feast. Thank you to all the servers and HE Adria
for organizing the servers. Thank you to the merry musicians of Mooneshadowe
for playing their beautiful music during feast. A BIG thank you to House
Halfaris for kitchen cleanup after feast, we all know what a hot tiring job
that is! Thank you to everyone who donated the many prizes we had to give
out, both to past champions as well as new, all of you are amazing! Thank you
to everyone who helped set-up, tear down, sit troll, put up hall decorations,
put up pavilions, the list field, putting out signs, checking the bathrooms,
etc. the event couldn't have happened without all the help we received! And
for those of you who didn't make it, I'm sorry you missed one of the most
memorable courts I've ever had the privilege to attend. Congratulations to
all the award recipients, to our new Castellan Owen ap Adden ap ap ap, and to
Ansteorra's newest Court Baron and Baroness Beorthlic and Elizabeta. All the
awards were well deserved by each and every one! I'd also like to thank Their
Royal Highnesses for attending Castellan, and I'm looking forward to seeing
each of them again at Queen's Champion in September. It's always a pleasure
to have Royalty attend one of our events. This was one of the best
Castellan's ever!

Yours in Service,

Lady Marta Dormani

Northkeep Seneschal