[Northkeep] A few more amusements in Tulsa

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:57:04 PST 2004

Lots of folks have mentioned most of the greater and lesser known cultural
attractions around town.  But don't forget the Fentster Museum of Jewish
Art, and the National Linen Registry Museum.  The latter is located on the
upper level of the Promenade Mall, and has all sorts of seriously cool
exhibits of needlework and textiles.

We have an opera that is older than the Met in NYC, and our ballet is
recognized as one of the best in the world.

Within an easy drive of Tulsa are: The Cowboy Hall of Fame (Oklahoma City),
Woolaroc (a western art and Native American anthropology museum outside of
Bartlesville), the Tom Mix Museum (Dewey), the Will Rogers Memorial
(Claremore), the J.B. Davis Gun Museum (also in Claremore), Bar Harbor (a
collection of historical buildings and artifact collections done up as
shops, offices, log cabins, and churches, in Grove), and beaucoups more I
can't recollect just now. Oh, and don't forget the Cherokee Cultural Center
in Tahlequah, with it's annual drama of the Trail of Tears at Tsa-la-gi.

We have the: Green Corn Festival, Rooster Days, Kolache Festival, Strawberry
Festival, Peach Festival, Woodie Guthrie Folk Festival, and numerous other
events throughout the summer.

Some call us a cultural backwater, but we ain't no cultural wasteland, let
me tell you.

Everyone have a good time at the war.  We'll keep the home fires burning.

Talana