[Northkeep] Commenting canceled

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 08:46:29 PST 2004

My Lady,

Every month, at least in theory, some of the local heralds get together, usually at my house, read the Ansteorran Gazette and make comments.  The AG is a publication by Ansteorra to the Wreath Sovereign of Arms containing all submissions of names, devices, and badges pending acceptance.  We comment on the authenticity, documentability, and heraldic correctness of same.

It is the second Thursday of the month and runs from 7-9 PM.  It is a great way to learn the nuts and bolts of heraldry as it exists in the SCA.

If you just need a device or name done, then you should probably attend consultation.  These are the fourth Thursday of the month.  Same place, same time.  I have most of the heraldic resources, even heraldic artists, availiable to do mostly any badge or device. We can conflict check also.  I don't have very many name resources, but that will be rectified soon--Onomastics is not my strong suit.

However, if you cannot attend, or have special needs that require much attention, I will gladly make an appointment with you to do a private consulting session.  If I cannot help you, I can point you in the direction of someone who can.

Thank you for asking,

Masamune, the Full Service Herald.