[Northkeep] was steak, more Tulsa temptations and okie gr ammar

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 13:49:22 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/12/2004 3:37:08 PM Central Standard Time,
KDUKE at fwmurphy.com writes:

> Don't forget "Hyear Now!" (Usually "Stop that this instant!", but
> occasionally used when speaking to horses to indicate a strong desire for a
> marked increase in forward velocity.)

Piotr,

Some horses are more sophisticated than that ;-)  If my horse heard "Hyear
Now", he would immediately come to a screeching halt, and begin looking for
dinner :-)  I have accidentally used the above words during a ride, and speak from
experience.  In order to go faster on such a beast, one must utter "hup Hup
HUP", followed by a low rumbling growl.  On occasion, when chasing dogs, one
must use the oft neglected "Git 'Em", which will product a sonic event with my
horse!

Sigen
who rode the Sonic Boom for the first time in 4 months yesterday... still
paying =:-O