[Northkeep] was Curiosity is now looking for the MOC

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 16:04:56 PST 2004

I do believe Armed Merchant Men is the proper term for the Raptor crew, even
though some members of them are definitely women. And like any good SCA
sailing vessel there are skilled cargo relocation and distribution engineers
among the crew. If Northkeep has need of such skills I am sure a deal might
be struck. Any such arrangements would have to be taken up with that
beautiful, but deadly, sword of a woman who leads our crew, Captain Therese
Maria Giovanni.

I do know that in the past the Raptor and her crew served as privateers
under letters of mark from the leaders of fair Northkeep. For a time the
ship even had such letters from the King of Ansteorra himself. I think any
official documents may have long ago expired. Perhaps their Excellencies are
once more in need of some trustworthy and upstanding sailors to legitimately
patrol and protect the waters around their Barony. I understand that such
arrangements can be rather mutually beneficial and some what lucrative,
captured Spanish Gold and what not.

Kind Regards,
Laird Ian Dun Gillan
Sometimes mapmaker and sailor