[Northkeep] News on the Order of the Lion's Paw of Kenmareandother submissions

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Wed Nov 17 05:28:02 PST 2004

Why?  The apostrophe needs to be there:  it is the paw belonging to the lion, not a tenuous relationship between several lions and a paw.  If they wanted to make it clear, it should have been Lions' Paws (not the plural) or Lion's Paw.  Unless, of course, we have the one heraldic instance of three lions sharing one paw.

Masamune (who has, of course, read "Eat, shoots, and leaves")