[Northkeep] New to northkeep

Ian Dun Gillan ian1550 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 9 08:00:03 PST 2004

Edward,
Welcome to Northkeep!

There is a whole wide experience just waiting for you here. By finding you
way to this email list you have taken a great step in the right direction.
Have no fear there are plenty of friendly people here like me to help you
find your way around our fasir barony. I am Honorable Laird Ian Dun Gillan,
Northkeep's Hospitaler. It is my job here to meet and greet new people, like
you, and lend a helping hand where I can. I would be glad to help with any
questions you have.

The best way to get started is to just jump in. Tell us a littl about
yourself, your interests in the SCA, and your interests in medevial life.
After introductions we can see about getting you out to attend a few
activities to meet and get involved with the local populace. To help you
find activities in our area (the kingdom of Ansteorra -- Texas and Oklahoma)
you will want to visit the following web site, click on EVENTS, the click on
ANSTEORRA. This page will give you scheduled events from all over the area:
http://www.sca.org/

For more local information try the Northkeep web site at:
http://northkeep.ansteorra.org/

There are a number of free publications online that you can either open and
read online or you can print them and read later. A good page where you can
find information of all kinds for new comers is:
http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/hospitaler/#5

More newcomers' information can be found here:
http://www.sca.org/newcomers.html

I hope this info will be of help to you. If you have any questions please
let me know.

Regards,
H.L. Ian Dun Gillan