[Northkeep] A bit confushed

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Sun Oct 17 06:49:06 PDT 2004

It's absolutely an appropriate post, Jennifer.

Welcome to Northkeep!

To join the SCA or this Barony, you can either a) just start participating and attending events, and/or b) actually purchase a membership. Membership is NOT required to participate, but at most events, there is a non-member surcharge. There are some events that are completely free of charge, but these are more uncommon than not. One such event is our Baronial Demo, which is coming up on October 23rd  (next Saturday, I believe, at 9 am, at Woodward Park).

Another good way to get involved is to join one of the many guilds: we have a needleworking, scribal, and shoe making guild. They meet on a regular basis.  You can also usually find us on Wednesday nights at McClure Park, starting at about 6:30 to 7pm, for fighter practice. That was my first contact with the SCA here in Tulsa, and can be a good way to just talk to folks without the worries of preparing for an event.

Our Hospitaller is Honorable Laird Ian dun Gilian. He can give you more specific information on reaching folks, and getting to know us. His email address is:  j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net

If there's anything I can do, please feel free to contact me at zubeydah at northkeep.org

-zubeydah jamilla al-badawiyya