[Northkeep] Identifying fabrics (was: linen-rayon blends...?)

Graue, Chris Chris.Graue at benham.com
Mon Oct 18 08:53:53 PDT 2004

Oh mighty knower of all things fabric... How does one tell what kind of
fabric one has if they aquired said fabric from a friend or family
member and it isn't marked? I suspect some of the fabric I have is what
you described below, but I have no way of knowing. There is other fabric
as well that seems more like it could be linen... Or wool... Or
something else... But I haven't a clue. Although, most of it did come
from Susan, so there is a decent chance it was purchased for SCA and
therefor, at least part linen... But who knows?

Chris