[Northkeep] A bit confushed

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 17 19:09:18 PDT 2004

Greetings Jennifer,
I would also like to welcome you to Northkeep.

By finding you way to this email list you have take a great step in finding
out about the SCA.

It is difficult to know if things are right for you or not and I hope that
you find what you are looking for here in Northkeep. Getting started in the
SCA can seem a little overwhelming. Have no fear there are plenty of
friendly people here like me to help you find your way. I am Honorable Laird
Ian Dun Gillan, Northkeep's Hospitaler. It is my job here to meet and greet
new people, like you, and lend a helping hand where I can. I would be glad
to help with any questions you have.

The best way to get started is to just jump in. Visit some web sites to
study up on our ways (just like visiting the great libraries of the past)
and then attending a few activities to meet and get involved with the local
populace.

To help you find activities in our area (the kingdom of Ansteorra -- Texas
and Oklahoma) you will want to visit the following web site, click on
EVENTS, the click on ANSTEORRA. This page will give you scheduled events
from all over the area:
http://www.sca.org/

For more local information try the Northkeep web site at:
http://northkeep.ansteorra.org/

There are a number of free publications online that you can either open and
read online or you can print them and read later. A good page where you can
find information of all kinds for new comers is:
http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/hospitaler/#5

More newcomers' information can be found here:
http://www.sca.org/newcomers.html

I hope this info will be of help to you.

Regards,
H.L. Ian Dun Gillan