[Northkeep] FW: event report

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 20 10:45:29 PDT 2004

Greetings,
This Moonshadowe Guardian was an outstanding event. Although quite hot
during the day the nights were comfortable. Moonshadowe went all out to do
their best for all of those who attended.

The fighting was heroic as the boldest of Ansteorran warriors battled
against the Calontiri and themselves for the title of Guardian. Chivalrous
acts abounded as noble fighters all did their best but alas Calontir took
home once more the title of Guardian.
The A&S was filled with wonderful items from all over the north and
Calontir. Artisans and craftsfolk showed items of exceptional skill. The
Calon artisans brought with them items of such beauty that they took that
competition as well.
The Bardic was filled with amazing tales, heart moving songs, and poems.
Although the Ansteorrans did place well it was still a Calon who won.
The archery and other missile competitions were fierce. Arrows, axes,
spears, and knives flew with accuracy toward their marks. It was Ansteorra
who won the day among the archers but fell short in the other missile
competitions.
The Ensignante list was filled with rapier fighters who did well at meeting
the many challenges of the days tourney. Among them Ansteorra's first Don,
and newest fighters. In the end it was Northkeep's own Shay who took the
title and saved the Ansteorran rapier fighters from defeat at the hands of
the Calons.

The competitions were not all the event offered food fit for the grandest of
kings, friendship enough to fill the longs hours with good company and
camaraderie, and also some very memorable occurrences. Such as Richard and
Angus wrestling, Kate and Niki playing with Hawkins (or as they called him
Hawkie-Pawkie), The surprise elevation of Viggen to the status of Centurion
of the Sable Star of Ansteorra, and the number of friends and family
gathered with Owen to celebrate his vigil and knighthood. These occurrences
were truly memorable, but they were not the least of the items that made
memories of the event.  This was the largest individual group held event in
the Northern Region since 1997 with over 350 people on site. This was the
first moonshadowe event where a peer was elevated on Moonshadowe soil.
Also Moonshadowe presented a request to the crown to be elevated to the
staus of a Provice. The crown approved and now they will move on to an
offical polling and then send off a petition to the BOD. If approved that
would make Moonshadowe the first ever Provice in Ansteorra.

I for one wish to thank Moonshadowe and everyone who put so much hard work
into the event. I hope that news of the quality of their event reaches out
to the farthest corners of our kingdom and those of our neighbors so that
next years guardian will be just as good or better.

Kind Regards,
Ian