[Northkeep] Demo on 4/2/2005

Lady Catin lady_catin at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 09:29:24 PDT 2005

Good Gentles all -

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to all those who participated in the Demo for CAP, and others this past weekend.

To Angus Gunn, and his marvelous wife Elodie, I thank you for coming out and supporting us, even with a grevious shoulder injury that prevented Angus from actually fighting.  We all know he was chafing at the bit to play.

To Ian and Kelandra - this would not have been the success it was without you both.  Ian brought out examples of things medieval, and his lady chimed in with wonderful information, and a small demonstration of rapier combat - she, too would have been in armor had she but someone to play with.

To Cearl, for bringing out archery stuff - Vivat!!  I love archery!!

To Geoffery Makepeace, who not only got in armor to play, he loaned his stuff out so we could get a new person in it.  I think we earned some new people with that!  Huzzah!!!

To His Excellency Ainar - many thnaks for supporting the demo, and bringing out toys to play with (even if it was only fixing an error).

To Debroah (I apologize - I am not sure of her title), this gracious lady is everything that the lady of the middle ages is supposed to be.  She demonstrated spinning, and a couple of the girls are going to try it out when they get a chance.  She is always the epitome of grace, and for that we thank her.

To Lady Zubeydah, who is always armed with water, gatorade, oranges and pickles - it was wonderful to have you there to assist the fighters, and answer questions.  Thank you again for everything.

To Kormack, who was not there in person, but definitely in spirit - thank you again for assisting in getting people out to the demo.  I know, had the mundane not interfered, you would have come out to play.

Lastly - to my wonderful husband, who took off from work, grabbed his armor, and came out to play after an 8 hour shift - Thank you.  He even let the new person beat on him a bit, and brought out all kinds of nifty stuff.

Again, to all of you - Merci Beaucoup.  I could not have done anything without you.  If I have missed anyone, please forgive me, as I am not quite myself today.

Yours in Service,

Kale Kourtikina
aka Catin de Mortain