[Northkeep] Winterkingdom

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Dec 12 09:08:44 PST 2005

Quoting "j.t.herring" <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net>:
> The court at the end of the day was short and sweet, filled with some really
deserving awards.

I wasn't able to stay for the whole day, as I had hoped -- after my second
class for the day was over, I headed off to meet up with Abe to look at
houses. :-)   (Thank yous to those who took either my hands-on Middle Eastern
Dance class or the Waterbearing 101 - and a severe poking to those gentlemen
who joked about attending but didn't quite dare to show up... you know who you
are, and next time, you'd better be there! :-> )

If anyone snapped photos, or took notes during court of who won what, I'd love
to host that info. I hate not being able to well-document an event as fun as
wInterKingdom.

I'd have to second Ian's praise of the tavern: That beef and barley soup was
*delicious!*

Unfortunately for me, my Collegium Curse was in full effect this year: Each
year, there's *one* class I'm just absolutely eager to attend, and sadly, as
Fate would have it, it's always scheduled opposite a class I'm teaching. This
year, that was Moira's class on enamelling. Aethelred was kind enough to give
me his handout. Is there anyone in NK that does enamelling? This is something
I've really been fascinated by, and have wanted to learn about.

- zubeydah