[Northkeep] dissapearing posts...

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:23:20 PST 2005

Jean Paul wrote:

>Is there a more sensible manner to communicate last minute business?  Of
>course you could state "Well, there shouldn't be any last minute business",
>but last minute business happens.  Should she call all 200+ people in the
>barony?  send them a letter?  semaphore? short wave? cb radio?  television
>ad?

It's been some years now, but back when only about half of us had any kind
of net access and that tended to lock up frequently, we used a - gasp -
phone tree.  Each officer was responsible for a range of the alphabet.  The
Seneschal would call the officers, and they in turn would call their portion
of the list.  I did this more than a few times while Herald.

Seems to me, a combination of phone tree AND posting to the Northkeep list
should cover the Barony as well as it can be covered in getting word out
about last-minute changes.  I think it's what my elementary school teachers
called a "compromise."

In servicio,

Talana