[Northkeep] 14th C. Hand gun on e-bay

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 10:51:48 PST 2005

Thank you, Damon.  It looks like a great piece.

[Please insert obligatory rant on why buying and selling antiquities is
potentially dangerous/naughty/bad/evil/can cause athlete's foot/whathaveyou
here.]

And I should thank you again since (without making any comments on this
particular item one way or another) that just tracking down the seller and
what he's been involved with has been a truly interesting way to kill some
time at the reference desk :).  Eftis Paraskevaidesis a Cambridgeshire
gynecologist who was suspended from practice in 2000 (I don't know if he got
his licence back), and has been selling antiques ever since - with numerous
insinuations of selling fakes here and there.  Personally I couldn't care
less about selling fakes, it's looting that causes me issues, and I haven't
found anything on that just yet.

M/D