[Northkeep] Fw: [NR] A&S Marquetry Class In Wiesenfeuer

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed Feb 16 06:07:11 PST 2005

FYI:

----- Original Message -----
From: Diane Daugherty
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org ; northern at ansteorra.org ; ansteorra-announce at ansteorra.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:43 AM
Subject: [NR] A&S Marquetry Class In Wiesenfeuer

Greetings unto everyone,

I would like to invite those who can attend to the Barony of Wiesenfeuer's
monthly Arts and Sciences class this Thursday evening, the 17th.

This month we will have a special guest coming to teach a class. Please join me in welcoming Master Oxlade Lachlan MacKinnon from the Shire of Mooneschadowe as our instructor.  I have asked Master Oxlade to come to our Barony and teach a class on Marquetry.  Marquetry is the art of covering a piece of board or furniture with wood veneer, thereby forming a skillfully applied design of your choice. The end result is quite beautiful and can range from the simple to quite complex.  I am very excited by our Arts and Sciences meeting hosting a visiting Laurel, who graciously accepted my invitation, and is coming down on his own free time to teach a class for us. Please join me in welcoming him to Wiesenfeuer. Master Oxlade informed me that he will have space for 6 students in the class and others are of course, welcome to look on and observe the class.  Each student will have a project to work on.  Please plan on a two hour class. Please contact me with your desire to be a part of this.  We have not had a class on any type of woodworking in quite a many years. If you have any questions, please call me. The class will start at 7:00p.m.

As any of you who have seen this man's work in this field, you know it is simply beautiful.

The site will be our normal location, City Arts Center at The Fairgrounds, located at NW 10th St & May Avenue.  We have the room from 6pm to 10pm, so if people have a big project that they need to layout and spend extra time on, you are welcome to do so.  The room has 4 10ft tables, 1 6ft folding table and a work sink. There is also an area immediately outside the room with more tables and chairs.  As always, you may bring your personal projects, however messy, to work on, and you are, of course, welcome to come and visit everyone just for fun.

Take your best route to The Fairgrounds, at the intersections of I-40 and I-44. An easy way to

reach the Fairgrounds is to exit going East on NW 10th St from I-44. The Fairgrounds is immediately to your right. The building location is the old planetarium with the domed top which is facing May Avenue (1 block East of I-44). The building is kitty korner to The Fairgrounds Speedway, which is also facing May Avenue. The building is red brick.

As you enter the City Arts Center, you will come into an art gallery of an open space. Walk past the office through the open space for a little bit. You will go past exhibits. When you come to the first open space to turn left, do so. You will turn immediately left again, we are in the 1st room.

There will also be snacks available.

Thank You and see you there,

HL Jevon O'Deah

Wiesenfeuer Minister of Arts and Sciences