[Northkeep] Rambling (was January Saga)

LRA LRA at olpdsl.net
Mon Jan 31 09:46:47 PST 2005

Actually, I do agree with the majority of what you have said. I'm certainly
not a computer geek; I know others are the same way. I also know some do not
have access to computers or do not have the computer speed or needed
equipment to view the online newsletter.

I also know that for some financial considerations were keeping them from
being able to have our newsletter.

That is why there will be hard copies of the Saga available at populace for
no cost to both the people who do not have computer access and also to those
who could not previously afford it. Mailing is also an option, although
actual mailing costs must be charged to cover the costs for that.

My goals in putting the Saga online are multiple: (1) making it available to
more Northkeepers and other SCA folks; (2) making it available to those who
could not previously afford the Saga; (3) making it more easily available to
people interested in the SCA/Norhtkeep; and (4) saving the barony of bunch
of money (about $500 a year).

I hope we will be able to meet those goals with our new electronic version
of the newsletter as well as having some hard copies to hand out at populace
to newcomers and members who cannot get it electronically. If we have not
covered some of the bases, or if the plan needs to be adjusted so we can
cover all the bases, I'm always happy to work something out.

As always, Diarmaid, it is good to have people in the group who help look
out for others. I really do appreciate your concerns and your advice with
this project. And I also appreciate all the work you've done for every issue
with your Medieval year series.

Thanks.

Lynn the Inquisitive