[Northkeep] Rambling (was January Saga)

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:48:44 PST 2005

>From: "LRA" <LRA at olpdsl.net>
>...I also know that for some financial considerations were keeping them
>from
>being able to have our newsletter.

Oh, absolutely.  And it makes a lot of sense to do it electronically.
Particularly since the paper circulation has been so poor.  I'm not actually
complaining - I'm just wanting to keep the point out there so we don't
forget it completely.

And Ian, you are right -- that's exactly the reason that I'm still getting a
paper copy (well, that and if I ever get back to binding the stupid things,
you can't bind electronic copies.).

>...As always, Diarmaid, it is good to have people in the group who help
>look
>out for others. I really do appreciate your concerns and your advice with
>this project. And I also appreciate all the work you've done for every
>issue
>with your Medieval year series.

I promised to write articles, you get articles :)

Over the years I've been in situations where it would have been nice for
someone to have been a harping fishwife for me (sometimes it happened,
others it didn't), so I try to do it when I can  (We're just lucky this
isn't one of my psychotic hot topic buttons, just for example - referring to
certain awards as "landless white trash" ("landless court trash" is bad
enough, but with the other I can get really unpleasant  -- and I hate having
to bar myself from posting to the list :)  ).

M/D