[Northkeep] Very Important Demo this Saturday

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 6 08:10:27 PDT 2005

Greetings,
There is a very important Demo this Saturday. I have only been reporting
about it for the last several months so I would expect that we will have a
large turn out. The reason this demo is so important is because this is that
it is for the Library that we hold populace and so many other meetings at.
This library has been Northkeep's base of operations for a great many years
and this is our opportunity to give a little back for all they have done for
us.

The Demo is for the Tulsa Public Library Summer Reading Program. It will be
held at the Martin East Regional Library on 21st and Garnet in Tulsa on July
9 between 1-4 pm. Set up starts at 10am and ends by 12 (noon) so come early
to help us set up pavilions etc.We have a large (30x30) area outside the
Library to set up for the SCA Fighting which we will be sharing with Eric
Wolfe's group So the more fighters the better.

This is a mini Renaissance Fair with a focus on Dragons, Knights, and
Medieval Stories. They would like us to do an full blown SCA demo with
fighting, displays (especially crafts), bardic, etc. The Demo is from 1-4 (4
hours - 6 if you count set up) so if you show up early and help set up that
would be nice.

If any number of the nearly 200 people playing the SCA in the Tulsa area
could come and just give one hour of demo help then it would be great! Also
please come dressed to impress with all medieval gear, we could very well be
impressing and recruiting the next generation of the SCA at this fair and we
only get one chance to make a first impression.

I will need tables for displays and you will need to bring your own chairs.
We should at least one or two of the Baronial pavilions. We need weapons,
craftsmen and their crafts, A&S of all kinds, games, fighters of all kinds,
and bards. I will have fliers with me to pass out and a few items of
interest, I would like to have something going on all the time during the 4
hours of the demo. Fighters will also mean that we need waterbearers.

Also if we could do some forms of medieval finger foods (for those of us in
attendance) I thought that would be a good way to avoid us having to run to
the fast food places before or during the demo. So if you cooks out there in
the Barony would like to please bring something to share.

Please spread the word to all your friends and family with in the SCA who
might not be on the Northkeep list.

If you or they have any questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
Ian