[Northkeep] Tulsa Gatesway Balloon Festival Demo (August 6th)

Ian Dun Gillan ian1550 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 28 11:14:05 PDT 2005

We do have an upcoming demo at the Tulsa Gatesway Balloon Festival:
http://www.gateswayfestival.com/

The last demo for the library was outstanding and I would love to pull off
another one just like it. The Balloon Festival from what I understand is a
very well attended and, would be a great opportunity to showcase the SCA to
a large audience.  The event is the first weekend in August (5th-6th) and
this is the first year it will be held at west River Parks.

The event sponsors work with our own Cearl of Northkeep and would so
appreciate the participation of the SCA on Saturday the 6th from Noon till
8PM.

If you are not familiar with Gatesway, they are a non-profit organization
that provides community-based services for people with developmental
disabilities throughout Central and Northeastern Oklahoma.  The Foundation
operates large living facilities, an education building, a sheltered
workshop, and additional group homes as well as providing  community-based
programs including Supported Employment, Supported Living, and Assisted
Living.  The people who are working to secure some box fans to help reduce
the temperature and will be providing ice water directly at our site.  There
is also a beer tent not too far away for those who care to spend their coins
in that manner.

If we decide to stay through 8:30 in the evening, the SCA will be right on
the front row for the Balloon Glow.  The Balloon Glow is the time when the
balloons are resident on the field and are 'lit' but do not take flight -
from what I
am told it is a very beautiful and awesome site to see!

We will need Fighters of all verities, artisans, and stuff to display...We
should have access to one of the Baronial Pavilions and the list field just
like last time and we will need  tables to set stuff up on just like last
time.

I have 30 parking permits on their way to me so that is handled, now I just
need people to come and take part in the demo.

Kind Regards,
Ian
Hospitaller for the Greatest Barony