[Northkeep] fabric question

Anne Brewer anaka_ravenna at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 17:02:18 PDT 2005

Droool... Where did you find silk/linnen blend?? I would think the benefits of a blend would include being very soft/smooth to the touch, difficult to cut or puncture. Linnen resists cuts best and puncture, silk is so good at resisting puncture that it often went into the wound with the arrowhead without cttinging the silk (which made it easier to pull out the arrows). Possibly it might be a bit water-resitant or wind-resitant.

faolanmacfarland at cox.net wrote:I know linen is good since strong, wicks & drapes great. I know silk is good for holding up, and stopping arrows (at least that is what I remember hearing about mongols) - but what would be advantages or disadvantages of linen/silk blend? The kind I saw was 57%silk, 43% linen.

thanks

faolan
who is seems to be on fabric fix lately.