[Northkeep] DATES ?? AND HISTORY

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 13 10:37:21 PST 2005

XXIV tranlates as 24, IIV has no meaning, the Roman number system is as
follows:

I = 1
II = 2
III = 3
IV = 4
V = 5
VI = 6
VII = 7
VIII = 8
IX = 9
X = 10
L = 50
C = 100
D = 500
M = 100

Since the founding date of the SCA was on May 1, 1966, I would assume that
XXIV would translate to 24 years A.S.  or Anno Societas (I think thats
right).  Or 1990.  The other number is probably a mistake on the scroll
since IIV is meaningless in the Roman counting system, probably meant to put
XXV.

Cearl