[Northkeep] New to the SCA

Will Phillips rev.will.phillips at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:15:14 PDT 2005

Afternoon, all. Just a warning here: the better part of this email is
non-persona. I'm still trying to get a good idea of how things work within
the SCA, but I'm trying. With that said, my name's Will (rather obvious with
the email, eh?) and I'm looking to get involved with the SCA. I've recently
moved back to the Tulsa area after graduating from OSU and would like to
jump in. Unfortunately, I'm going to be out-of-country next week, so I'll be
unable to make it to May's populace meeting. C'est la vie - gives me more to
time prepare and figure out how in the world the college bachelor is going
to sow a t-tunic together and sort out some sort of garb. With any luck,
there's a chance I'll be able to make it to Castellan with some tell-tale
newcomer duds. Heh.

As far as personas go, I'm looking at a early 13th century German - Bavarian
son of a nobleman named Hugo von die Alpentäler (Hugo from the Alpine vales)
- I know my German's correct, I've found the first name in a medieval list
from the Academy of Saint Gabriel, but I'm not too sure if the surname will
pass the authenticity check. Anyone got any tips to help me out there?

Again, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and I apologize a/b
the non-persona vantage of the email.

Tenatively, Hugo von die Alpentäler
--
Will Phillips