[Northkeep] New to the SCA

LD.BLACKMOON ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Mon May 16 21:40:48 PDT 2005

GREETINGS

FEAR NOT !
( WHY YOU SHOULD FEAR NOT IS BEYOND ME ,
BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY ALWAYS SAY  )
> I would much like to attend weapons practice this Wednesday, if it still
occurs.
IF IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN THEY NORMALLY POST A NOTICE HERE .
( HERE BEING THE NORTHKEEP LIST )
>I have unfortunately found our website to be sorely inacturate and/or out
of date thus far.
A-YUP , BEEN THERE SAW THAT, A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS AGO .
>What exactly is the structure of these practices? Do I need suitable garb
as well as a helm and weapon or for practice's sake are these things
temporarily left behind?

WELL , I'M PRETTY SURE THAT YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR OWN " CUP " , SINCE I
HAVEN'T HEARD OF ANYONE SHARING THEIRS ...
BUT AS FOR HELMETS, AND OTHER BASIC ARMOR TO MEET MINIMUM STANDARDS THEY
SHOULD BE AVAILABLE AT THE PRACTICE .
CHECK WITH THE KNIGHTS MARSHAL TO BE SURE THOUGH .
Drottinn Kormakr Valrson
Knight Marshal Northkeep
  VERNKEYS at COX.NET

WHEN YOU GET TIRED OF ALL THOSE NASTY LOOKING BRUISES AND THE SMELL OF
MUSCLE CREAM , COME ON OUT TO AN ARCHERY PRACTICE AND WE'LL SHOW YOU HOW TO
REALLY HAVE SOME FUN . BOTH SHOOTING AT PAPER TARGETS , AND INTRODUCE YOU TO
COMBAT ARCHERY AS WELL

BE SAFE, BE HAPPY, HAVE FUN
ARTHUR BLACKMOON