[Northkeep] OT OOP Plea for advice

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 16:42:16 PST 2005

>From any of youse who is mechanically inclined.
I need to replace a hood release cable.  I THOUGHT I'd need to buy a  cable
and somehow thread it through the existing channel, affixing some sort of  end
(maybe like I would a lead ball sinker to a fishing line).
I find I really need to replace the cable and channel/housing as a  unit.
Now, that might turn out to be easier, I don't know.  I'm not  sure what it's
going to take to get it through the firewall or what I need to do  to thread it
amid all the myriad accoutrements attached to the left side of the  engine
compartment.  Surely I don't have to take them all off.
If any of you have done this, and won't be violating professional ethics to
give it (I don't ask for free medical advice from doctors or nurses, or free
legal advice from lawyers), I'd appreciate whatever you could tell me.
Kevin