[Northkeep] Silver Jewelry repair

Chris Graue myangelmorgan at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 17:52:56 PDT 2005

I need help... ok, ok, we all knew that, can I get on
with the question, please?

I have a pair of earrings that I mistakenly put in my
coin purse, so as not to lose them, but now the silver
wire has broken off the earring itself. I need a
silversmith to reattach if possible. The earrings are
rectangular Garnets I guess dipped in silver? and the
wire attaches to the back of that... I was once told
that a ring I had could not be repaired because the
heat from the solder gun used to repair it would
damage the gem. Is this true, and so therefore, am I
S.O.L. on repairing these earrings?

Danke,
Gisela