[Northkeep] Hurricane Katrina

Rick Drake ainarm at cox.net
Fri Sep 2 04:55:35 PDT 2005

I have been trying to think of the best way to do something helpful in the
Barony.  Right now there are several groups that are accepting donations.
There is also a plan to start gathering replacement SCA supplies in the
future.  Right now they are more concerned with meeting the immediate needs
for life.
Is Northkeep as a Barony interested in providing some assistance?  If so I
am willing to coordinate it. Or would people prefer to donate on their own
to any of the number of groups gathering money and items.  Let me know.  If
wanted I can gather and post links or contact info for some of the SCA
related groups that are becoming central collection points.  One thing I
will mention is that one of the Glen Ahben collection sites and coordinators
is in Smithkeepe.  So if someone is going to that event this weekend it
would be a good opportunity to deliver goods.
Ainar