[Northkeep] Silk Banner Painting Class

Stephanie Drake steldr at cox.net
Thu Apr 6 10:39:00 PDT 2006

Thanks JP - Gilyan couldn't remember.

From: "Carl Chipman" <cchipman at nomadics.com>
To: "The Barony of Northkeep" <northkeep at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Northkeep] Silk Banner Painting Class

FYI

8mm makes good banners.
12mm makes good wall hangings (Vertical Banners)
16mm for shield covers.

JP

Stephanie Drake said the following on 4/6/2006 11:04 AM:
> Ok - as promised, HL Gilyan will be coming over from Mooneschadowe to
teach a silk banner painting class for us.  The date is Sunday May 14th.
The time & location are yet to be determined.  Gilyan has given me a list of
items needed for the class which you will find below.  Also below are links
to the company where she buys her supplies.  The first link is for the
fabric itself.  She's not sure which weight they have used in the past but
she says that the thicker fabrics work better.  I will have a couple yards
of the 12mm that I can share at the workshop.  I'm will also have the
DYE-NA-FLOW Starter Kit shown on the second link and a tube of resist that
will be available for sharing.  If you have any questions about any of the
supplies you will need, please contact Gilyan at gilyanc at hotmail.com.  On
that note, if anyone has an overhead projector we could borrow for that