[Northkeep] Hospitaler Position

Sean OBrien ohoolighanofnorthkeep at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 07:48:22 PDT 2006

Sounds like great ideas, Montega.  If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.  I may even find some trinkets for the "box."   As far as demos are concerned I may be able to help.  I'll call you later or see you at fighter practice.  Hugs!!

  With Respect,
  Aodh (Susan)

Montega <montega at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hello Northkeep!
I am very honored to have been selected as the Hospitaler for
Northkeep. I am really looking forward to it. I would like to have
input from everyone on anything they would like to see happen. There
have already been really great ideas. I also would love to have input
on places to have demos. The more we get out there, the better chance
of being seen and having fun!

A few of the things brought up last night included more newcomer
classes, garb and fabric classes, mock court, more revels and a mock
kids court that would teach kids the why's and how's of attending
court.

Event season is upon us and it is time to start getting ready! I urge
you all to go through your garb and general SCA stuff and see if there
is anything you want to donate to the loaner boxes. As we start to get
out there and get noticed even more, there will be people who want to
jump on in. Getting them out to events will be easy if they know they
have something to wear for the first time.

Also if anyone has trinkets that they don't want anymore or things
they want to make, I would like to start a newcomer largess box. My
father has a tradition at all the events he attends in that every
newcomer gets to walk away from their first event with a little
something, even if it is small. I think that would add a really cool
touch from Northkeep.

Vivat Northkeep!!

Montega