[Northkeep] OT Request OOPS!

Jennifer Eppler chibi_jeni at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:59:48 PST 2006

The main guidelines that I was told (and Johann can fill me in on more if
there are any) is that it's very important not to put the troop's rank
and/or military identifiers involving the name on the packages.

NO: Pvt John Doe
NO: John Doe, US Army
YES: John Doe

Do not put alcohol, loose medications (or meds not in original bottles) or
really medications in general, tobacco products that are not clearly marked
and tagged by the destributor.

There are a lot of items that are readily available any more at the PX or
"hajimart" as they like to call them. One thing that is not readily
available to our boys and girls overseas: ENTERTAINMENT! They want music,
DVD's, etc. If you burn them mp3 collections, they love it. A lot of them
have laptops over there and DVD players and they need entertainment. Do not
send Playboys or other mags with adult content. But they love magazines and
books.

I'm not sure where Susan got this list, but Blue Star Mothers will mail
anything you want to a specific soldier. They are always needing cash
donations to pay to send these items, too.

That's just what I got from when Jon went over last year. I'm sure more of
our military folk would have more to say...

- Lady GG