[Northkeep] Re: what happened at populace

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Jan 31 10:22:07 PST 2006

Populace stuff I remember off the top of my head, and through a medicine-head
haze, with the disclaimer that I"m no one official and these aren't official
anythings, just recollections:

- Several officer positions are open, including: Arts & Sciences, Knife Axe &
Spear, Chirurgeon, Chronicler.

- Several positions are looking for deputies, most especially the Seneshal, who
often gets called out of town (or country) for his job.

- We have a new Knight Marshal: Morgan Blackdragon. He wants to make macaroni
necklaces and back hair weavings for gift baskets. :-P

- Northkeep is hosting the Northern Regional Fighter Practice in February. It
was suggested by both Zubeydah & Jeanette le Chat that funds be available for
waterbearing. Jeanette stated she wanted to expand this fighter practice into a
full Demo for the Barony.

- There are some upcoming demos, including one being held at the site where we
had wInterKingdom. Lots of support would be great for this demo, as a thank you
for them letting us use their site.

- HE Mercedes spoke at length regarding Gulf War. She encouraged everyone to
get in their preregistrations, and to get camping info to our GW Land Liason
("slum lord"), Lord Angus Gunn.
   * She encouraged NK to volunteer, and stated her goal that NK 'beat
Mooneschadowe' with their volunteering. (NK came in third place behind
Mooneschadowe last year. First place was the Chirurgeons with 400 hours+)
   * She stated that it has been agreed that formal gift baskets will not be
exchanged this year, due to the fiscal impact of the hurricanes last year.
However, largess and gift items are still very useful for the crown.
   * She stated that at Red Tape, she discussed with the crown that NK's
strength is not in working together on large joint projects, but individual
items, and she received permission for NK to create 19 seperate yet equivilant
items for the 2007 GW Gift baskets. She invited the populace artisans to
contact her with ideas for gift items, and let them know they have a year and a
month to complete these projects.

- HE Mercedes and M. Beorthlic discussed Castellan in June.
   * We need items for the Castellan gift baskets. Step down gifts were
purchased at last year's gulf war.
   * The Crown will be present, and it is customary to give them gifts -
donations are requested.
   * THe Barony is in need of regalia for all officers and for the new B&B that
will be stepping up at Castellan.

- HE Mercedes & HL Damon discussed the polling for the new B&B:
   * The Crown invites comments on the candidates: email them to
Crown at ansteorra.org
   * Polling will be held at the February populace meeting.
   * Bring your membership card, for proof of membership. Non members can vote,
but their votes don't hold as much weight as a non-member's vote.
   * Youth can vote. It was recommended they be able to read, but that's not
required.
   * The two couples were introduced: HE Beorthlic & Elizabeta, and HL Ian &
Kelandra. They were asked, "What is your quest?!" :-)
   * Sir Aesoph Hearts, the Northern Regional Seneshal, will admin the process.
Only he will know final results.
   * The Crown will review the ballots received: however, it is ultimately the
Crown's decision.

- Chemin Noir invites NK to attend their weekly fighter practices on Sundays.

- There's several upcoming events, such as AxeMan III, and an event in
neighboring Smythkeep.

that's about all I can remember...

-zubeydah