[Northkeep] Fighter Practice

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 19 09:44:02 PST 2006

Greetings,
Last night we had a GREAT fighter practice!

My thanks to everyone who came out an put on armor, especially his Grace
Patrick Michael for coming out to play. There were around a dozen fighters
on the field. After a few one-on-ones we settled into an old style bear pit.
That bear pit resulted in my glaive wielding body taking an awesome beating.
I have a lump on my thigh bigger than my hand. I can thank my own lack of
practice and the swords of Sir Balvin and Centurion Ungus for my lumps and
bruises. I will bear those marks as badges of honor and reminders to protect
my thigh.

Honestly I had a lot of fun last night, I hope that others had as much fun
as I did. One other thing I liked about last night was that I learned a few
new tricks from Viggen, Ungus, and Patrick Michel that I am looking forward
to try out in melees at the NR practice on Sunday,

Thanks also need to go to all those non-combatants who did make it out to
practice. It would be nice to see more of the populace coming out to support
the fighter at practices again.

Kind Regards,
Ian Dun Gillan