[Northkeep] Sunscreen

Montega montega at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 19:41:18 PDT 2006

I went to a dermatologist today about some spots on my face (everything is
ok, no worries) and while I was there I decided to ask him about sunscreen.
I had heard that anything over a 35 spf was really just advertising and did
no better than just 35. He said that up to about 45 is good and anything
after that was pretty well the same. He explained that the real issue is
that when you apply sunscreen, the moment that it comes out of the bottle
touches your face, and absorbs sun exposure it loses about 33% of its
effectiveness. That is why re-applying is so important. They are now
studying not just the SPF factor but ways to lower the loss of effectiveness
after application. The best sunscreens are the ones that contain Helioplex.
So far it has the best stability when it comes to not losing the
effectivness and it sheilds UVA radiation where alot of others do not.  He
recomends Ultra Sheer with Helioplex made by Neutrogena.

 Because so many of us are in the sun playing this great game we play, I
thought this was post worthy info. We are now moving into the wonderful 100
degree weather so don't forget to drink lots of fluid and use a good
sunscreen. Be sure to not only watch yourself, but your friends and kids as
well.

Montega