[Northkeep] Library Demo on June 24th

Lady Yrmentrude yrmentrude_sigsdottir at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 20:10:50 PDT 2006

Your Excellencies Ian and Kelandra,

  Aderyn (sp?) approached me at fighter practice Wednesday night and advised me that you (Ian) gave her the go ahead to run some children's activities at the demo, and then she proceeded to tell me that she thought we should hold a class and give out badges etc.....she wanted to get together to plan these activities but as of yet I have not contacted her.  Can I please get your side of this before I provide my input to all this.  If you have already given someone the idea it should be done, I don't want to override.  If not then I will step in as the officer for the children's activities and discuss it at officer's meeting.  I appreciate you. Thank you for your time.

"j.t.herring" <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Northkeep,
The Tulsa Library Renaissance Faire is coming up quickly on June the 24th at
the Martin East Regional Library and we thought we should start discussing
this so that plans can be made.

We will need everyone to turn out for this to be a grand demo in Northkeep
style.
Warriors both Rapier and Heavy
Artisans and Archers
Waterbearers
Arts to display
Banners
and loads more.

The Faire is themed after Robin Hood so plan accordingly. The more arts and
neat stuff we have to display the better off we are. Also the more artisans
we have on hand doing actual work the better it makes us look. Education is
one of the SCA's prime directives and this demo is a not only going to be a
great recruitment tool but a prime spot to do some educating.

We will have the Baronial Pavilion set up and could use tables to set up
displays on. Also if we had some of the more personal period pavilions if
there is room that might add to the whole effect. One could be for ladies
who are weaving and doing needlework, one could be for warriors and armor,
also it would be nice if we had a lot of archery stuff like longbows,
crossbows, and/or people making arrows, etc. I do not know how much room we
will have and can discuss this at officers meeting this month before the
demo.

We do need to be on site early for set up as the demo starts around noon to
1pm and setting up in the cooler morning would be nice.

So lets get the demo ideas flowing and see what everyone can bring and do to
make this a special day.

Kind regards,
Ian and Kelandra
Lord and lady of Northkeep