[Northkeep] a question about castellan setup/layout

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya zubeydah at northkeep.org
Thu Jun 1 05:14:05 PDT 2006

Your Excellency Beorhtlic:

I am not, nor have I seen others, "sniping."  I hope you have not misread my
questions for anything other than what they were intended to be -- an
attempt to __AVOID__ problems on site. Trying to quietly set up tents up in
the dark while being devoured by bugs is always an adventure. Adding in the
chaos of an unplanned, repeatedly changing environment/site layout, and that
can cause hurt feelings to arise (again, late at night, in the dark, while
being eaten by bugs), which I was trying to avoid.  This is an event we all
want to be a success, and a positive example of Northkeep.

If the only answers  to my origional questions, "Will there be any kind of
announcement as to when it's okay for households and individuals to set up
in whatever space is left?"  and "Should non-groups simply not expect to put
up any kind of pavilion at all?" is, "You may not set up at all on Friday"
and "maybe", then that's an answer, and I can live with it.

If households and individuals have some idea as to when it's ok to set up,
say _for example only_, "You may set up after 5am on Saturday morning", then
that allows them to plan their time at the event site: they can be setting
up their sleeping camp, helping to decorate the hall, helping out with the
children's activities Friday night, etc.... rather than standing around
waiting, becoming grumpy.

That's all I was hoping for.... the ability to more accurately plan time.
Not rabble rousing, not griping, not complaining, or anything else.

-Zubeydah