[Northkeep] Proud to be from Northkeep!

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 15:10:53 PDT 2006

I just could not possibly be prouder of our Barony - what a WOW of an  event!
I saw so very many examples of good sportsmanship, courtesy, service and
dedication throughout the day, my heart swelled. The only thing that could have
made the day any brighter would have been a bit more cool breeze, but oh well,
 that's life in Ansteorra!
Keigan, how on earth did a human manage a feast like that? I know you had
help, but ohmygosh...that is one for the legends. We will surely never top this
one!
The fighting! I am telling you, I could see 'em smiling through their
helmets - great moments for them and for the spectators watching. You would have
thought we had the field set up in air conditioned comfort the way they went at
it - if the heat was getting to them, it certainly never showed. Valor was
high,  and the blows were keen.
Waterbearers - what would any of us be without you? My cup was constantly
filled, and I was fed some of the finest food out of the generosity of their
dear hearts. You are the angels of the field for all of us - no  exaggeration.
How about our kids? Can they be any more clever or cute - I had some very
complimentary words about our young ones from the Baron and Baroness of
Bjornsburg and it was terrific to hear that. My goodness, to see them serving  water
and tea - that jug was half the size of some of them, and they were  handling
it like a pro!
The heraldry and pagentry of our court sent chills all over me - what a
great time to live in this barony! It was awe inspiring as well as tears
inducing. Does The Dream get any better than this?
Ainar and Mercedes, I salute you again for your care and service to all,  Ian
and Kelandra, you were gorgeous in your new outfits, and commanding in your
presence. We are so fortunate to have you at the helm. So happy to see faces I
 had not seen in a long while, so happy to have a cohesive and cooperative
time  with all our good neighbors in the kingdom, and so very happy to be a
member of  the GREATEST barony, Northkeep!
A personal thank you to Beorhtlic and Wilhelm, and all who helped make this
Castellan unforgetable.
Love,
Anawyn