[Northkeep] info/assistance request

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 18:02:12 PDT 2006

I hate to put this on, considering what so many of the barony are going
thru, but I have a couple of questions:

1.  Our house A/C runs but does not cool.  I suspect I need a  freon charge.
In calling around, I can purchase freon, but installing it  still requires
special gauges and hoses, and probably expertise.  Does  anyone out there have
access to same, or would I just be better off calling a  competent service?  If
so, do any of you know such a competence service  that is still very economic?

2.  My truck has a weird problem.  A nearly-uninformed guess on  my part says
it's electric or electronic.  After a heavy rain, especially  if wind is
involved, it often won't start until it dries out -- only I can't  find anything
under the hood that looks or feels wet.  The battery is up,  the engine turns
over like crazy, but the best it will do is cough and backfire,  like it is
flooded, and I can smell gasoline like it is flooded, too.  This  sounds to me
like it isn't firing the plugs for some reason, but like I said, I  am at a loss
on working on ignition systems made after the 70's.  Any  ideas?