[Northkeep] Updates on PSO outage

Montega montega at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:59:58 PDT 2006

For those hit hard with the storm this morning the latest word from PSO is
that a lot of people will be back on by noon tomorrow. The hardest hit
circuit has over 1900 people on it and it will be Thursday around noon as an
estimated restoral time.
 I work for PSO and some of our techs sent us pictures of the damage. It
looks like a war zone. The storm was so bad that we are having to rebuilt
the entire network in some areas. If you have family that you can contact,
let them know we will be working around the clock to get everyone back up
and running again. If you happen to live in that area but have access to see
this email from work or a friends house or something then please be careful
when driving or walking around in that area. A lot of times hidden downed
power lines don't get reported right away and this can be a serious issue.

  Also, if you have a friend or your power is out and you have called it in
already, call back in tomorrow. The reason I say this is because when we
have large outages as we work and several hundred people get power back, it
is custom for us to clear a ticket so that we get more calls in to better
scop the continued outage areas. This means you could get looked over. So,
if you are still without power after noon tomorrow call PSO and let them
know. 1-888-216-3490

Montega