[Northkeep] Wed. Night Fighter Practice

Ian Dun Gillan ian1550 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 29 08:47:33 PDT 2006

I could not have said it better myself. Thank you Angus for your words.

Wednesday night fighter practices should all be like they were last
night...people drumming, dancing, spinning, talking, and all kinds of
fighting. One person last night commented how it felt more like a family
picnic than a fighter practice...I like that!...our SCA family. I was very
proud of Northkeep last night, things were as they should be.

We had four new people walk right up to us from the park.  They just happen
to see the SCA...my thought was that it was actually the large crowd that
was so visible. Three of those people sat and chatted with us then they
danced. I am fairly sure they will be back next week and if we can get even
more people out there we are sure to draw in even more interested parties.

If we had flyers there last night I think we would have handed out at least
a half dozen of them...so lets please get those coming to fighter practice
along with more people.

Also please remember that when we are in public like at fighter practice we
are all ambassadors of the SCA. Please make an attempt at medieval attire
when attending such events. A person in a tabard or tunic makes a much
better impression than one in a t-shirt.

Kind Regards
Ian