[Northkeep] Castellan

John Carnnahan johncarnnahan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 08:49:30 PDT 2006

*Where to begin....*
*First the biggest, deepest, most heart felt THANK YOU to everyone involved
for making Castellan happen.  The autocrats, freast steward,
water bearers, marshalls varied and sundry, list runners, fighters,
nobility, and just everyone that attended.  It was a truly great event.  The
best I've had the privilege of attending.  I couldn't have chosen a better
way to spend a weekend.*

*The list field looked stunning with all the pavilions.  What little I was
lucky enough to catch of the fighting seemed spirited, to put it mildly.
The A&S entries were wondrous.  There were SO many wonderful activities
going on all the time.  You could only be bored at Castellan if you chose
to.  Actually, not only chose to, but worked at it! *

*The feast seemed amazing.   Keigan created a feast of Legendary scope.  Not
only was there enough food to feed a rather large army, it was all so darn
GOOD!  A big thanks to all the kitchen staff.  They all heroes to me.  I saw
so many deeds of valor and honor in that kitchen.   I was humbled and
honored to be allowed to help in some small way with such an incredible
undertaking.  Thank you Kiegan, thank you so much.*

*Court was grand, if a bit hazy for many of us I'm sure, after all that
great food.  The pageantry was beautiful and engaging.  The sctick was
entertaining.  The awards were heart warming.  The change of baronage was so
well presented.  TE's Ainar and Mercedes were gracious and regal as always.
Thank you again to you both for your service.  TE's Ian and Kelandra had
such a lovely procession and their first court was wowing (Please don't hurt
me Ian..I mean your Excellency!!).   Seriously, to Ian and Kelandra, you two
looked simply amazing in your fine new outfits and you did a truly
outstanding job despite whatever heart pounding you might have felt.  Thank
you for stepping up to serve in yet another capacity.  The last I'll say of
Court is, you just can't beat a court  that ends with a Royal Edict to eat
cake!  *

*Of course the party to celebrate 10 years was grand.  There was drinking,
singing, drinking, drumming, drinking, dancing, drinking, merriment, and
(did I mention?) drinking.  Thanks to the Mooneschadowe crew for the beer.
It was wonderful, as always.  Much fun seemed to be had by all and I know,
for sure, that I had a lot of fun.  I really need to borrow a whole Northern
region event and import it to Central Calontir to demonstrate the fine art
of reveling.  *

*Finally, It was so good to be back home in Northkeep.  I knew I'd missed
you guys, but I really didn't remember just home MUCH I missed you until I
had a chance to visitwith you again.  I'm having trouble writing this, as
I'm overwhelmed with emotion just thinking about the friendships renewed and
the others started.  It is really hard being away now.  I really hope to see
many of you at Lilles.  Well actually, my hope would be to see you ALL, but
I'll have settle for those that can make it. *

*I may live in Calontir now (OK, so I always did, but I was MUCH closer
before) but my heart
will never leave Northkeep.    *

*If the Barony as a whole, or any of you individually have any need, that I
can provide for,
do not hesitate for even a moment to ask.  I will come running (or as close
to a run as I
can manage). *

*Thank you all for such a great weekend.  *

*--
Michele de'Medici*

* *