[Northkeep] Ya wanna be in pictures, kid?

Gisela giselavonwolfsburg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:33:33 PDT 2006

My sentiments, exactly! I also hate "posed" pictures, and get rather annoyed
with people when they see the camera and literally STOP what they're doing
so I can take their picture... well, in most cases, I liked what I saw at
the time, and wanted a picture of THAT, not them standing, staring at the
camera with a forced smile and rarely a pleased look in their eyes. I
personally, don't like my picture taken because I don't feel I look good in
photos... so that is my main reason for ducking from people when I see a
camera. What I have to try really hard to remind myself is, how I look in
photos is exactly how others see me in real life, so to everyone else, those
pictures don't look so horrible (except that they are of me to begin with)
therefor I should just suck it up and let it happen. But I always seem to
have my mouth open or my eyes half closed, so in that respect, I prefer
knowing I am about to have my picture taken so I know not to do anything
silly like blink... or breathe!!

Unfortunately, I took my camera to Castellan and left it in the bus the
whole weekend!!! ARGH!

Gisela, the photographically challenged

On 6/6/06, aoife at cableone.net <aoife at cableone.net> wrote:

> Greetings all!
> In the last few years I've been one who didn't like to have my picture
> taken...
> didn't like what various medical 'episodes' had done to me.  But lately my
> attitude
> has been changing.  No, I still am not fond of 'posed' pictures but candid
> or crowd
> scenes are fine.  The reason for the change?  Well, my Mom was like that
> and I find
> my mental pictures of her blurring as are other friends and family.
> I only met Master Blackfox a few times, I find myself wishing to see a
> picture of
> him to see if I'm *remembering* him right.  I'd love to see a picture of
> Kendra
> Kenmare and others I've just *heard* about.  Some day others will want to
> see what
> we all *looked* like and  how we did things...will there be any pictures
> to show
> them?  May, just maybe, we should just pretend the cameras aren't there
> and keep
> doing what comes "naturally'.
> Just musing...Aoife
>

> ---- Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net

Gisela
Barony of Northkeep, Kingdom of Ansteorra