[Northkeep] Henna question

Abigaile abigaile_sca at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 16:47:21 PDT 2006

I have been really busy in real life so I check my
email when I can so I just saw this. If someone hasn't
helped you yet heres some basic instructions (I tried
to get a mental picture of what you were talking about
and i'm basing it on that). The tube of paste (if its
what i think it is) is a premixed paste that you just
directly apply on your skin. Test it out first by
applying a small dot somewhere on your skin to make
sure you arent allergic to it. The powder and oil is
probably just a refill. To mix it just add a few drops
of oil to the powder and mix (adding a few drops of
lemon juice to the mixture helps darken it). To apply
it (if the tube doesnt have a tip on it) roll up a
peice of paper or parchment paper to make a cone (like
you would to decorate icing on a cake) and put the
mixture in it. This helps keep the lines fine and
thin. Draw your desired design and let the paste dry
(*note: putting your hand or whatever bodypart used
near a fire will help darken it). This next part is
optional after it is dried dab a cotton ball into a
lemon and sugar solution and gently dab it on the
henna paste (this also darkens it and sets it to where
it will last longer). Once completly dry (usually
between 2-4 hours) wash off with plain water. This is
the way I learned how to do it I don't know if it
differs with the kits. I hope this helps.

                              -Abigaile