[Northkeep] stealing an idea from Namron...

Sean OBrien ohoolighanofnorthkeep at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 16:51:07 PDT 2006

A bake sale or something of the like sounds like a great idea, but why limit it to just fighter practice?  Would we not make more contacts with potential members if we were at, for example, WalMart?  I would gladly bake a few cakes, brownies and cookies and be available to work the sale most any time.  What do you think?

  With Respect,
  Aodh

zubeydah at northkeep.org wrote:
  It was mentioned today on the Namron list that because THM Aaron & Britta live
in the West, that the stipend given to Royalty for travel will not begin to
cover their expenses.

Looking to the future, for wInterKingdom, we might want to consider the
possibility of doing some fundraising types of things between now and then, so
that we could specifically invite TRMs and substantially pay for their
travel... (Or even if a scheduling conflict prevents their attendance, just
donating to their travel fund in general...?)

If we were to do a bake sale or some such at an upcoming fighter practice
(maybe the monthly potluck dinner?), it might be a good means of raising
funds... I'd gladly donate a pound of hand made boozy truffles...

Whatcha think?

-Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya